Symantec NetBackup 7.0 for UNIX: Administration (NBUS7)
Who should attend
This course is for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration staff who are responsible for the design, performance optimization, and troubleshooting of NetBackup.
Students must be familiar with the administration and configuration of the platforms that are covered by the course.
At the completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the challenges of performing backups in today’s enterprises.
- Describe the functions of the master, media, and EMM servers and clients.
- Diagram the NetBackup product architecture.
- Define common terms used in the NetBackup product.
- Describe how NetBackup backs up and restores data.
- Identify NBU options and agents.
- Install and verify NetBackup and OpsCenter.
- Use the NBU Administration Console and OpsCenter.
- Add robots and drives.
- Configure storage units, storage unit groups, volumes, and volume pools.
- Manage volumes.
- Configure policy attributes and schedules.
- Identify the available policy types.
- Define which files, directories, and clients to back up.
- Monitor and troubleshoot backup jobs.
- Restore files and monitor restore jobs.
- Describe how NetBackup selects which media to use.
- Distribute client software.
- Verify, duplicate, expire, and import backup images.
- Back up and recover NBU catalogs.
- Run basic NetBackup and OpsCenter reports.
- Configure multiple data streams, multiplexing, synthetic backups, true image restores, and checkpoint restart.
- Configure NetBackup to protect supported VMware and Hyper-V virtual clients.
- Configure media groups and media ownership for media sharing.
- Configure and manage disk pools.
- Configure advanced staging using storage lifecycle policies.
- Identify master server, EMM, media server, and client processes or services.
- Identify the resources available for troubleshooting NetBackup.
This Symantec NetBackup 7.0 Administration course provides the IT professional with instruction on the functionality of Symantec NetBackup 7.0 software. This course covers the general principles of using NetBackup to develop and implement a storage management strategy, including how to:
- Install, configure, and operate NetBackup 7.0.
- Manage NetBackup using the graphical interfaces, commands, and scripts.
- Provide service protection and recovery.
- Use the activity monitor and logs to monitor NetBackup processes.
Duration: 5 days
Prices (excl. VAT):
- Germany: 3,100.- €
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Training date request