Cisco Optical Technology Intermediate (OPT200)
The Cisco Optical Technology Intermediate (OPT200) training course provides you with the skills necessary to deploy Cisco® Optical Networking System (ONS) 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP) and Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS) 2000 Series Dense Wavelength-Division Multiplexing (DWDM) networks from
installation to protection. This course covers installation, configuration, circuit protection, maintenance, and basic troubleshooting using the Cisco Transport Controller for the Cisco ONS 15454 M6 and M12 shelves and the Cisco NCS 2015 shelf.
You will review DWDM terminology and components, explore the available chassis and cards, and discuss hardware installation. You will learn to use the Cisco Transport Controller server software to connect to the nodes, perform network turn-up and circuit creation, deploy linear and Single-Module ROADM (SMR) DWDM multishelf topologies, configure Raman amplifiers and Any Rate cards, and configure protected and unprotected circuits. The course covers a variety of card options: controllers, transponders, multiplexer-demultiplexer, add/drop, Raman amplifiers, and Cisco Any Rate muxponder cards. You will use the various cards to configure terminal, amplifier, mesh, split, Optical Service Channel (OSC)regenerator, and Reconfigurable Optical Add/Drop Multiplexer (ROADM) nodes. Finally, you will learn how to use many of the tools and features available with the Cisco Transport Controller to perform maintenance, testing, and basic troubleshooting of an optical network.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is system installers, system integrators, system administrators, network administrators, and solutions designers.
Following are the prerequisites for this course: Completion of Cisco Fundamentals of Fiber Optics Technology (FFOT)
Cisco recommends that you also have the following prerequisite knowledge and skills:
- Basic knowledge of optical transport and protocols
- Basic knowledge of data network principles
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify platform chassis that use the Cisco ONS 15454 DWDM cards
- Identify the main categories of DWDM cards
- Use the Cisco Transport Controller to connect to an ONS 15454 MSTP or NCS 2000 Series chassis and navigate within the GUI
- Provision DWDM circuits by using the Cisco Transport Controller
- Identify node configurations according to card population
- Perform Raman amplifier initialization
- Configure Any Rate cards
- Configure circuit protection options
- Perform basic DWDM troubleshooting using the Cisco Transport Controller
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Request a date