FortiManager NSE 5 - Fortinet Centralized Device Management (FORTM)
In this two-day class, you will learn the fundamentals of using FortiManager for centralized network administration of many FortiGate devices.
In interactive labs, you will explore deployment strategies, which include single or multiple ADOMs, device registration, policy packages, shared objects, installing configuration changes, provisioning FortiManager as a local FortiGuard distribution server, and troubleshooting the features that are critical to day-to-day use after you deploy FortiManager.
This course prepares you for the FortiManager Specialist exam.
NSE 5 Network Security Analyst certification requires passing at least two NSE 5 Specialist exams
If you take an online version of this class, you must have a computer with:
- A high-speed Internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser
- A PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
- One of the following:
- HTML5 support
- An up-to-date Java Runtime Environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
You should use a wired Ethernet connection, not a WiFi connection. Firewalls, including Windows Firewall or FortiClient, must allow connections to the online labs.
Who should attend
Anyone who is responsible for the day-to-day management of FortiGate security policies using the FortiManager platform.
- Knowledge of firewall concepts in an IPv4 network
- Familiarity with all topics in FortiGate Security and FortiGate Infrastructure
- Basic understanding of network management systems
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the key features and capabilities of FortiManager
- Deploy administrative domains (ADOMs) to support multiple customers on a single FortiManager
- Restrict concurrent ADOM access by using workspaces and workflow mode
- Use provisioning templates for device-level changes across many devices
- Identify the synchronization states and manage the revision history of managed devices
- Manage firewall policies across multiple FortiGate devices using policy packages with shared and dynamic objects
- Deploy policies and objects from the global ADOM to multiple ADOMs
- Understand Security Fabric integration with FortiManager
- Deploy SD-WAN using central management
- Describe high-availability (HA), backup, and recovery options for FortiManager
- Manage the firmware of supported devices centrally
- Offer a local FortiGuard distribution server to your Fortinet devices
- Diagnose and troubleshoot import and installation issues
- Introduction and Initial Configuration
- Administration and Management
- Device Registration
- Device-Level Configuration and Installation
- Policy and Objects
- SD-WAN and Security Fabric
- Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
- Additional Configuration