Architecting Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure with Anthos (T-AHYBRID-I)
Who should attend
This class is primarily intended for the following participants:
- Technical employees using GCP, including customer companies, partners and system integrators: deployment engineers, cloud architects, cloud administrators, system engineers, and SysOps/DevOps engineers.
- Individuals using GCP to create, integrate, or modernize solutions using secure, scalable microservices architectures in hybrid environments.
- Completed Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure (GCF-CI) or have equivalent experience, and
- Completed Architecting with Google Kubernetes Engine (AGKE) or have equivalent experience
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Deploy Istio service mesh control-plane and proxies using the Helm Kubernetes package manager or using the Istio on GKE add-on.
- Centrally observe, discover, and monitor your microservices-based applications across clusters using Istio service mesh adapters, including Prometheus, Grafana, or Kiali, or Stackdriver.
- Define and manage multi-cluster services, with ingress, using open-source Istio via shared and multi-control plane topologies.
- Connect and manage on-premises clusters, and workloads using GKE On-Prem.
- Enable consistent policy enforcement across multi-cluster environments using a configuration-as-code approach and your secure Git repository.
This two-day instructor-led course prepares students to modernize, manage, and observe their applications using Kubernetes whether the application is deployed on-premises or on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Through presentations, and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy using Kubernetes Engine (GKE), GKE connect, Istio service mesh and Anthos Config Management capabilities that enable operators to work with modern applications even when split among multiple clusters hosted by multiple providers, or on-premises. This is a continuation of Architecting with GKE and assumes hands-on experience with the technologies covered in that course.