Deploying SharePoint Server Hybrid - Implementing Hybrid Scenarios and Migrating to SharePoint Online (MS3012)
Who should attend
This course is for the Microsoft 365 teamwork administrator role. The role is responsible for configuring, deploying, and managing Office 365 and Azure workloads that focus on efficient and effective collaboration and adoption. They manage apps, services, and supporting infrastructure to meet business requirements. The administrator is aware of and can differentiate between products and services but may not directly manage each product or service. The Teamwork administrator must be able to deploy, manage, migrate, and secure SharePoint (online, on-premises, and hybrid), OneDrive, and Teams. The Teamwork administrator has a fundamental understanding of integration points with the following apps and services: Office, PowerApps, Flow, Yammer, Microsoft Graph, Stream, Planner, and Project. The administrator understands how to integrate third-party apps and services including line-of-business applications.
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Basic understanding of SQL Server management.
- Basic understanding of networking, including DNS.
- Working knowledge of windows server administration.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Basic understanding of mobile device management, and alternative operating systems (Android and macOS).
Please note, this course is part of a series of Microsoft role based training courses including MS3001, MS3002, MS3011 and MS3012, addressing Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Online/Hybrid Administration. Collectively these courses address an extremely broad curriculum of topics at a very high level and at an extremely high pace. We recommend that these four courses are only attempted by delegates prepared for a very intensive learning experience, who have significant practical experience with Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Online and who are primarily focused on preparing for the associated Microsoft Teams Administrator Associate certification.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the available SharePoint Hybrid Scenarios.
- Describe the requirements for SharePoint hybrid configuration.
- Plan for SharePoint Server hybrid.
- Configure SharePoint hybrid scenarios.
- Configure on-premises data gateway.
- Describe difference between cloud hybrid search and hybrid federated search.
- Evaluate different types of hybrid search.
- Configure cloud hybrid search.
- Configure hybrid search results.
- Plan for content migration process.
- Describe available resources and tools to leverage during migration process.
- Access data to be migrated using SharePoint Migration Assessment Tool (SMAT).
- Migrate content to the cloud using SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT).
- Manage and monitor migration process.
The business climate has changed. People want to communicate without collaborative barriers. Businesses want solutions that are both cost-effective and flexible. A hybrid environment enables enterprise users to be connected from almost anywhere to the resources and content they need. In this course you will learn how to plan and implement SharePoint hybrid scenarios which provide seamless users experience. We will also further discuss SharePoint hybrid search which gives users easy access to the files they need. In this course you will learn how to plan the content migration process as well as available resources and tools to use while migrating content to SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business. Specifically, this course covers how to use SharePoint Migration Assessment Tool (SMAT) and SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT) with different migration scenarios. This course is designed for IT Professionals who deploy and manage the teamwork infrastructure in their organization. This course helps prepare for the exam MS-301: Deploying SharePoint Server Hybrid.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date