- Fast Lane
- .Live E-Learning
- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- Professional Services»
- Talent Programs
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Cisco Systems»
- Google Cloud»
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Red Hat»
- Additional Vendors»
- Featured Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Cloud Computing»
- Optical Technology
- Wireless & Mobility»
- IT & Project Management»
Cisco has announced changes in both the CCNP Security and a number of specialist certifications.
NEW - CCNP Security Track
Cisco Security curriculum changes – Effective 21st January 2014
Cisco has announced changes in both the CCNP Security and a number of specialist certifications. New courses and exams will be introduced, whilst current courses and exams will either be replaced or expire.
The CCNP Security program is a three-year certification program intended to distinguish the Cisco network security engineers who have the necessary skills to test, deploy, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Cisco network security appliances.
What changes? What stays the same?
- Cisco announces the redesign of the CCNP Security Certification with 4 new courses/exams
- Offers an additional Cyber Security Specialist Certification
- Retires existing CCNP Security exams in April
- Retires existing Security Specialist exams in April
- Will be offering additional Cisco Security Product courses in coming months
- More focus on key job functions within courses, rather than product specific
CCNP Security Redesign
- Comprises 4 New CCNP exams, available 21st January 2014
- (Existing CCNP exams retire on 21st April 2014)
- 4 x new 5 day CCNP courses: SENSS, SITCS, SISAS, SIMOS
!CI-SENSS, Exam code: 300-206
!CI-SITCS, Exam code: 300-207
!CI-SISAS, Exam code: 300-208
!CI-SIMOS, Exam code: 300-209
!CI-FIREWALL, Exam code: 642-618
!CI-IPS 7, Exam code: 642-627
!CI-SECURE, Exam code: 642-637
!CI-VPN, Exam code: 642-648
What happens to people already working towards their CCNP Security qualification?
Good news! Most of the classes / exams are able to be mixed & matched
Those already in progress can choose to finish remaining exams (before 21 April 2014) or move across to the new curriculum being given credit for exams passed.
Before attempting the CCNP Security certification or any of its associated security specialist certifications, individuals must meet the requirements for the Cisco CCNA Security certification and have at least one to three years of experience in the field of network security.
Candidates new to the CCNP Security certification would be advised to sit the new courses/exams. The new exams can be taken in any order.
Security Specialist Certification Changes
With the announcement of the retirement of the current CCNP Security exams, Cisco are also announcing the retirement of the following Security Specialist exams. Last day to sit your exams for the courses below is the the 21st April 2014.
For network security professionals looking to gain in-depth expertise on specific Cisco network security products, Cisco introduces a number of security product courses.
* !CI-SASAA - 5 days
* Implementing & Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine for Wireless Engineers (SWISE) - 3 days - available soon
* Implementing Core Cisco ASA Security (SASAC) - 5 days - available soon
* Implementing Cisco bring Your Own Device Solutions (SBYOD) - 2 days - available soon
Please feel free to get in contact with us on +386 1 320 7880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information on the topics covered or anything else we can help you with.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our upcoming classes!