- Fast Lane
- .Live E-Learning
- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- Professional Services»
- Talent Programs
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Cisco Systems»
- Google Cloud»
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Red Hat»
- Additional Vendors»
- Featured Technologies
- Cloud Computing»
- Optical Technology
- Wireless & Mobility»
- IT & Project Management»
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
By earning the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) you prove that you are able to perform the core system administration skills required in Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments. You will earn this title after successfully passing the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Exam (EX200).
As an RHCSA you have demonstrated your ability to:
- Use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services
- Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication
- Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators seeking validation of their skills.
- Students who have attended Red Hat System Administration I and II and are on the path to earn RHCSA certification.
- Experienced Linux system administrators who require a certification either by their organization or based on a mandate (DOD 8570 directive).
- IT professionals who are on the path to earn a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification.
- RHCEs who are non-current or who are about to become non-current and wish to re-certify as RHCEs.
Recommended training for this certification
In preparation to earn an RHCSA certification, Red Hat recommends a training path based on your background.
Windows system administrators or brand-new Linux or UNIX administrators:
Experienced Linux or UNIX administrators:
To achieve certification, students must pass this exam:
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Exam (EX200): Performance-based exam that tests the core system administration skills required in Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments.