Cisco NCS 2000 Deploying 96-Channel Flex Spectrum with Advanced Topics (FLEXADVANCED)
The Cisco NCS 2000 Deploying 96-Channel FlexSpectrum with Advanced Topics is an instructor-led course. It covers the Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS) 2000 Series with FlexSpectrum system and Advanced topics from Cisco NCS 2000 and Cisco ONS 15454 DWDM platform. It is a lab-intensive course that introduces you to the Cisco NCS 2000 FlexSpectrum system. You learn how to design FlexSpectrum networks using the Cisco Transport Planner tool. You also learn how the wavelength crossconnect (WXC) and single-module ROADM (SMR) cards are designed, and you set up a three-node dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) ring, create simple DWDM optical circuits between nodes, and then create 10 Gigabit Ethernet transponder circuits using the 10 x 10 multiport cards. 40Gbps, 100GBp, 200GBps and 400GBps DWDM cards are explained.
The course explains the difference between colored and colorless ports, whereby you install 40 Gigabit Ethernet transponder circuits using the colorless option. In addition, the course explores reconfigurable optical add-drop multiplexer (ROADM) and mesh configurations up to 16 degrees, including the option for omnidirectional, colorless, and contentionless add-drop. Furthermore, the course also explores methods for performance monitoring and troubleshooting the FlexSpectrum system, where Functional View and built-in optical monitoring capabilities are explained. Additionally the overview and use of OTDR function is provided.
Who should attend
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy a Cisco NCS 2000 Series dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) network with Flex Spectrum. The primary audience for this course includes:
- Systems engineers
- Implementation staff
- Network operations center personnel
- Technical support personnel who are involved with the deployment, operations, and maintenance of the Cisco NCS 2000 Series.
- Channel partners, resellers and customers are welcome to attend
The knowledge and skills students should have before attending this course are as follows:
- Optical equipment fundamentals including DWDM fundamentals.
- Basic knowledge of optical transport and protocols
- Basic knowledge of data network principles
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the route and select principle
- Successfully run the Cisco Transport provisioning tool and design simple FlexSpectrum networks
- Connect to and set up a FlexSpectrum node using the Cisco Transport Planner tool output
- Create simple DWDM circuits that traverse the FlexSpectrum network and trace the power from beginning to end
- Configure the 10 x 10 card for five individual transponders and appropriate G.709 options
- Understand and install the provisionable patch cord (PPC) association between transponder ports and the DWDM MUX and DMX ports, and install optical channel client connections
- Describe the major features of the Cisco NCS2000 EDFA17/24 and EDRA17/24 amplifiers
- Understand the difference between colored ports, colorless ports, and colorless applications
- Install 40 Gigabit Ethernet transponder circuits on colorless ports and change the wavelength without the need to move fiber jumpers
- Understand the concept of omnidirectional add-drop and the contentionless feature
- Create 100 Gigabit Ethernet circuit into a node on a wavelength that already exists on the omnidirectional add-drop section
- Install the cross-connect options for nodes with up to 12 sides, including colorless and omnidirectional, and contentionless add-drop
- Conduct maintenance and performance-monitoring tasks
- Troubleshoot the 96-channel FlexSpectrum system
The Cisco NCS 2000 Deploying 96-Channel Flex Spectrum course provides foundation for all Cisco optical professionals who would like to plan, configure, and control optical networks using the Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS) 2000 Series Flex Spectrum platform. In this course, you will design Flex Spectrum networks with multidegree reconfigurable optical add-drop multiplexer (ROADM) multishelf nodes using the Cisco Transport Planner software. The course includes all the new Flex Spectrum ROADMs (SMR9, SMR20). You will how to install and turn up the hardware, and use the Transport Planner output to configure a flex spectrum optical network. You will learn how to provision circuits in flex spectrum architecture using the Cisco Transport Controller software. You will learn which components and configurations take advantage of and/or are required for the Flex Spectrum 96-channel feature. Then you will learn how to configure more advanced networks with the colorless, contentionless, and omnidirectional features, and to configure mesh nodes with multifiber push-on (MPO) cross-connects. Finally, you will learn how to use the many tools and features available with Transport Controller to perform maintenance, testing, and basic troubleshooting of your optical network.
Duration 5 days
Price (excl. tax)
- Eastern Europe: 3,500.- €
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Request a date